Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Moving in and arrival in Sweden

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick update post. After a very long flight over 24 hours, I arrived in Copenhagen CPH airport in Denmark. I had a five hour layover in Toronto, Canada which I spent most of my time in the airport (not too fun!). After taking a train from Copenhagen airport to Lund in Sweden, I arrived at my Bed and Breakfast reservation that I booked on airbnb.com.

I'll be posting photos of my room at the Bed and Breakfast in my next post and go into more detail there about that experience. Yesterday, I took a cab from my B&B after picking up my room keys and met my roommate, Elsa. She is from UC Irvine and is also a Summer student at Lund. Her mom and family friend were visiting for a day and we all took a bus together to Ikea in Malmo, Sweden. We ate dinner at the Ikea diner (Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes!), shopped for bedding and household supplies we needed, and then took the train back to Lund. We definitely got lost several times on our way to Ikea and back!

Elsa and I live in an apartment-style complex called Ă–stra Torn   There are two bedrooms (we each get our own room) and one shared bathroom. There is also a mini-kitchen and living room area with a sofa and coffee table. I am very impressed with the standard of the dorm! It is certainly cleaner, nicer, and larger than anything I've had in Berkeley. Not to mention that I get my own room!

That's really all for now. I am about to go pick up my bike from Parentesen, another housing area in Lund. I leave you now with a song that I have been playing on repeat. I think it really encompasses my mood right now, even though not all of the lyrics make sense to me. Just sounds good. :)





Safe Travels,

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment